Valyrie's Friends Enhanced
VFE extends the original Friends menu by adding some much needed functionality like preferred player roles and personal notes about players. It will replace the standard Friends.swf file and will therefore not work with any other (possible) add-ons that does the same.
It takes a lot of time to develop an add-on, so if you really like this mod and want to support it then please consider donating any amount. Thank you!
What's new in this version
- Player information (notes, preferred roles and so on) is now being stored "per account" instead of "per character" as before, meaning that you will no longer need to sync this information between different characters as long as they all are on the same TSW account. If you want to get the notes to another account or PC then you still have to use the Export/Import feature in the Settings tab. Note: mod settings is still being saved "per character"
- Fixed a bug that stopped you from importing previously exported player information
- Support for Vipers They Come And Go mod. If you have that mod installed and set it to "slave mode" then it will handle the actual display of all the player log in/out announcements instead of my Friends mod. The benefits of this is that you can get more control of the message presentation (position, color, timestamp and such)
- Merged Friendsnotes and Cabalnotes (for the same player) so they always will show the same info no matter what tab you are in
- All players specifically set to being monitored for logging in will now have their login announcement in purple color to stand out more (assuming you are not using TCAG in slave mode)
- Code overhaul to make it more efficient and also easier to update in the future
[b]Note: If you have several characters and know one of them has the most up to date player information (custom notes, preferred roles and similar) then you should log-in with this character first after installing this version, to minimize potential data migration problems. When this is done then you can log-in with any character in any order. [/b]
- Add your personal notes for any Friend / Cabal member / Ignored player
- Allows you to set preferred roles (tank, DPS, healer) for any Friend or Cabal member
- A "Last seen" column that shows when Friends and Cabalmates was last seen being logged in (only visible when showing all players) Note: this data is NOT taken from the servers (it's not available) but rather checking who is online while you play yourself. So if anyone is online while you are not, then my mod has no way of detecting this. I know this isn't the optimal solution but it is the best we can get until Funcom implements so we can get the same info directly from the servers instead.
- All custom player information is stored "per account" and thus shared between all your characters on the same TSW account
- Support for notifying on screen when Friends and/or Cabals log in and/or out.
- Support sorting on all columns (makes it easy to find for example all friends with a preferred healer role)
- Support for batch Export/Import of player data between different characters
- Fixed the bug from the original Friends window where the right-click menu interacted with the wrong player if the list had been sorted
- Button to toggle between 'show all' or 'show only players online' for the Friends and Cabal view This setting is unique for each of the two views, thus you can have a different setting for each
- The last opened view is remembered and will be shown automatically next time you open the mod
- Views will remember their last used column sort
- The position of the VFE icon can be set to be anywhere on screen (function disabled if using the Viper Topbar mod)
- Support for resizing the window
- Remember last Window position on screen
- Count the number of days a player has been ignored (people can change). Old ignores can't be counted for apparent reasons!
- Optional 'Dimension' column for Cabal and Friends view (toggle in the settings tab)
- Optional 'Rank' column for Cabal view (toggle in the settings tab)
- Optional 'Region' column for Cabal view (toggle in the settings tab)
- Optional 'Society' column for Friends view (toggle in the settings tab)
- Added "Create Raid" and "Invite to/Remove from Raid" options to the context menu
- Integrates with Viper's Topbar Information Overload mod
- Integrates with Viper's They Come And Go mod
Unpack the .zip archive into <your Secret World Directory>\Data\Gui\Customized\Flash\ folder, overwrite if files already exists
It should look like this: \Data\Gui\Customized\Flash\Friends.swf \Data\Gui\Customized\Flash\FriendsProxy\CharPrefs.xml \Data\Gui\Customized\Flash\FriendsProxy\FriendsProxy.swf \Data\Gui\Customized\Flash\FriendsProxy\LoginPrefs.xml \Data\Gui\Customized\Flash\FriendsProxy\Modules.xml
If you had TSW running when copying these files, then you must quit the game completely and then restart it or the addon won't work properly!
Delete \Data\Gui\Customized\Flash\Friends.swf Delete the \Data\Gui\Customized\Flash\FriendsProxy folder
Simply press shift+f or use the "Friends" option in the game menu and you will see the new, enhanced interface.
- 4 comments
- Date created
- Oct 03, 2012
- Last update
- May 09, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Valyrie's Friends Enhanced
- Recent files